No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.
Roger Ebert.

Monday, July 15, 2013

It's all a part of the plan.

1. I LOVE movies. Love, love, love them. As said in both versions of The Invention of Hugo Cabret, movies are seeing your dreams in the middle of the day. I'm a dreamer at heart.
2. I've seen too many films to count. 
3. I need an excuse to spend more time watching more movies. So many dreams, so little time.

There you go. My credentials/reasons that support my act of stepping into the movie critic/reviewer/watcher/admirer-or whatever word the academics want to call it these days- world. 

Here's the basic plan: Each month, I will create four posts. 
Week 1 will be a new release you've GOT to watch, I mean, life-hangs-in-the-balance kind of GOT to. This can either be in the theaters or released on video (that dated me, and hey, I'm not changing it). 
Week 2 shall warn you away from a movie that should never have been recorded on celluloid. Ever. I watch everything so you don't have to.
Week 3 is going to be all about the classics that maybe you've seen, but you sure as heck should if you haven't. These can be anything created from the rise of the silver screen to about five years ago. Any closer in time to now and it's still a new release in my book.
Week 4 is where I get to go all artsy-fartsy and write about whatever the heck I want to if it has some relation to movies, which too much of my life seems to be connected to. Think of that confession what you will. 

To end with a quote...
People who like movies have a favorite. People who LOVE movies couldn't possibly choose. 
Nicole Yatsonsky

Here are my...favorites...well, some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment